Pork is available on-site and via sales runs to coastal New Hampshire and Boston. Check out current pork availability and our whole/half hog options. Please get in touch with Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in buying individual cuts or making a bulk purchase.
Why is buying pork from The Farm on Cragged Mountain worth it?
- Pigs get to live their lives as pigs
- Our pigs live outside in the fresh air with large areas for foraging and access to fresh mountain spring water. They are happy animals as anyone who visits the farm can attest to!
- Heritage Breed Pork
- Our pigs are all heritage breeds and born right here on the mountain. Our meat is more flavorful and marbled (more intramuscular fat!) than industry pork. We raise primarily Berkshires with some Berkshire/Duroc crosses. Heritage breeds are older breeds of pigs bred for hardiness to the elements and quality/flavor of the meat. Instead of breeding for meat quality, many pork producers breed for quantity of offspring and efficient lean carcasses. This improves efficiency but hurts deliciousness.
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Pastured Pork
- Our pigs are raised on the mountain, getting significant portions of their diet from rotating pastures of grasses, legumes, and other forage. In the winter they have access to hay for eating and they are never given antibiotics or hormones.
- Support a local business
- We’ve really ‘put ourselves out there’ trying to start a farm business on a mountain in rural NH and greatly appreciate your support and coming along for the ride with us!
- Much fresher than meat bought at regular supermarket
- Flash frozen immediately after butchering and not thawed until you’re ready to eat it. This is a big advantage on the mystery freeze-thaw-freeze cycles that could exist with your standard pork chop produced far away down the supply chain on the other side of the country.
- Eat more sustainably and locally
- Become more adventurous with cooking
- Learning how to use the whole hog rather than just the cuts you’re used to is a great way to learn delicious new recipes and methods of preparing food.
Our maple syrup is made onsite right on Cragged Mountain. It’s perfect for pancakes, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal or porridge and terrific as a sweetener or flavoring in your favorite baked goods. FCM Maple Syrup is available in 8 oz, 12 oz, and 1 pint mason jar glass containers and 1 quart, 1/2 gallon, and full gallon plastic jugs and is available on-site and via sales runs to coastal New Hampshire and Boston. Please send along your e-mail to email@example.com if you’re interested in receiving product availability and price lists prior to these sales runs. We are sold out until March 2018!